No one needs to be a social butterfly to have a vibrant, healthy social life but quality of life is important. The following tips will help start thinking about ways to remain social.   Volunteer A variety of organizations are in need of people willing to help. Positions available to volunteers may take small or… Read More

Residents of Long Term Care are able to choose from the many activities offered in Long Term Care and keep brains active. Benefits of Physical Activity Physical activity of any type is important. Research proves staying active is important to every facet of life and opting out, even at a minimal level, is a risk.… Read More

Recently I was driving out of town when thirty minutes to my destination the weather changed. Lightning struck straight down on the horizon; the skies darkened; the wind was reminiscent of the Wizard of Oz and my cell phone shrieked storm warnings…take shelter. Right. Everyone wants to die in bed but I couldn’t think of… Read More

Moving, illness, retirement and the changing cultures of neighborhoods are major factors in life style changes. Staying socially active is important both physically and mentally.   According to the National Institute on Aging, social interaction is integral to staying healthy as you age. Studies on remaining social and healthy in the elderly have shown these… Read More

The alterations of living as a Senior have many retreating into their homes and losing the social life built throughout younger years. The cultures of neighborhoods change when friends and family pass away or move to other places. Independent or Assisted Living Communities are one way to continue to have a social life in a… Read More